Crisis communications training
Reputations matter. But sometimes things go wrong. How businesses respond in times of crisis can often define their longer-term image in the public eye.
An introduction to managing crisis situations quickly and effectively, engaging with key stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion.
Two PR professionals with extensive crisis comms experience will deliver the training alongside a reputation and media lawyer who will give case studies on where firms have gone wrong and the costs involved.
- Intro: creds and experience of the trainers
- 99% of bad news is accurate – facing up to mistakes
- Sorry seems to be the hardest word – dealing with crises
- The key team you need
- Establishing the facts
- Stakeholder management
- Our response: key messages, how to handle bad news
- Dealing with internal audiences – best practice
- Dealing with the media – delivering the key messages
- Social media management – when to engage, when not to
- Clients and stakeholders – what to say, what not to say and when
- Wrap up and next steps
- Drinks and off the record
An interactive face-to-face or virtual session with key figures in the business.
The training is relevant for Managing Partners/CEOs, Boards, Executive teams and Partners/Heads of Department.
Attendees will learn key skills in how to identify crisis situations, when to form their Business Continuity emergency team, and when to engage crisis communications experts (do it early).
- Half-day course (3.5 hours)
- 4 – 6 people
Melissa Davies - CEO
Melissa has a proven track record of delivering high-level brand and PR strategies for over 18 years in political, legal and commercial environments. She has built MD Communications to ensure clients can benefit from an effective campaign-based approach to the delivery of PR objectives and reputation management. She has considerable experience of training lawyers and politicians internationally to deal with the media and understand the importance of brand positioning and messaging.
Access the best communityteamservicespeoplepartners in professional communications.
All of our consultants have at least 15 years experience. We operate across the globe.